Yaesu Bluetooth/USB implementations

 Yaesu Bluetooth/USB implementations


It is frustrating that the Yaesu implementations for USB and Bluetooth are so finicky. I have two headsets that are recognized by my FTM-300 but won't connect. My mobiles can't connect to the bluetooth in my vehicles. The USB on my FTdx101mp works with very few keyboards and mice. 

I am a die hard Yaesu fan and own 10 radios and various accessories. Yaesu is one of the most active equipmpent manufacturers. You would think they could make the USB and bluetooth accessories more robust and thereby, more useful. I have purchased and installed the optional bluetooth boards for my mobiles that did not have the feature. So far, I just don't think that the functionality warrants spending any additional money on it or the USB since it so limited. 

I know the FTM-500 is on the way. I wish instead of a couple of new radios per year, they would take some time out and fix the implementation issues in the USB and bluetooth functionality in the current products. I would really appreciate that over another radio with a user interface that is not consistent with previous models.
I have similar Bluetooth and USB comments for my FT5DR. 
No excuses should be made for this model, it was released in 2021 as far as i can tell. 
According to the manual it has Bluetooth 4.2. 
BT standard 4.2 dates back to 2014
BT standard 5.0 dates back to 2016
BT standard 5.1 dates back to 2019
BT standard 5.2 devices were coming to market in 2020.
In a high quality device like the FT5DR why build it with an ancient BT chip?

Looking at the USB connector
USB C has been around since 2015. 
USB Micro since 2007 
and yet the FT5DR has a USB mini connector for data. 

I only earned my licence a year ago and cannot believe how many years some models have been in production (unchanged). While I sat on the fence about the 818 it was discontinued. If I buy one of the remaining ones its successor will be announced a month later with better features and will only cost a few dollars more


No comments:

Post a Comment


YAESU FT-710 discussions:
https://groups.io/g/ft-710

YAESU FT-710 website (CaSe Sensitive) shortcut. 
bit.ly/FT710
bit.ly/ft-710

YAESU FT-710 discussions:
https://groups.io/g/ft-710

Yaesu website
www.bit.ly/yaesu2
www.bit.ly/yaesu4

https://www.yaesu.com/
https://groups.io/g/ft-710
.